Past Perfect - Positive and Negative
Make the positive or negative past perfect simple
1) When I arrived at the cinema, the film (start).
2) She (live) in China before she went to Thailand.
3) After they (eat) the shellfish, they began to feel sick.
4) If you (listen) to me, you would have got the job.
5) Julie didn’t arrive until after I (leave).
6) When we (finish) dinner, we went out.
7) The garden was dead because it (be) dry all summer.
8) He (meet) her somewhere before
9) We were late for the plane because we (forget) our passports.
. 10) She told me she (study) a lot before the exam.
11) The grass was yellow because it (not/rain) all summer.
12) The lights went off because we (not/pay) the electricity bill.
13) The children (not/do) their homework, so they were in trouble.
14) They (not/eat) so we went to a restaurant.
15) We couldn’t go into the concert because we (not/bring) our tickets.
16) She said that she (not/visit) the UK before.
17) Julie and Anne (not/meet) before the party.
18) I (not/have) breakfast when he arrived.