quarta-feira, 29 de setembro de 2010

Para que time você torce aqui no Brasil?

 What Team do you cheer for in Brazil ?

cheer = torcer
 what  team  do you cheer or = para qual time você torce?
 
I am an Internacional fan 
 
Internacional fan! :)

 
        fan = torcedor  (literalmente significa "fã") do Internacional - RS
but our friends from Timm and Tammy tell us their own story.
 
Years ago, when my parents were learning Portuguese  in  São Paulo, my father was "accosted"   by   several  teenagers  in church who asked him...
 
       accosted = abordado
       teenagers = jovens, adolecentes
 
- Are you Palmeirense or Corinthiano?
 
My  father  saw  the uniforms of the two teams and asked --Which is the green team?
 
They answered, of course: Palmeiras.  So my father said... - So I'm "Palmeirense"!
 
And  ever  since,  my  father  and I (by extension) have become...
 
        @>----  ever since (then) = desde então
        @>----  by extension = por extensão
 
dyed-in-the-wool Palmeirenses! :)
 


How about you?
 
What  team  do  you cheer for? Learn the expression  "dyed-in-the-wool"  and tell me  about  your  weak...  I mean, favorite team on our site. :)
 
        @>----  weak = fraco
 
http://www.timandtammy.com/?cont=noticias&id=435
 
And,  remember,  this  is  all  in  fun.Don't take the discussion too seriously.
;)
 
        @>---- (all) in fun, expressão =
        algo  que  não é para ser levado
        (muito) a sério, brincadeira